Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin KBE was an English comic actor, filmmaker, and composer who rose to fame in the era of silent film. He became a worldwide icon through his screen persona, “The Tramp”, and is considered one of the most important figures in the history of the film industry. He gave people something to laugh about. Here are a few quotes by him:
- You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles
- A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.
- We think too much and feel too little
- You’ll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile
- Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself
- To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- Imagination means nothing without doing.
- Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.
- What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning
- Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination … and a little dough.
- That’s the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves.
- Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.
- In the end, everything is a gag.